The Governing Body is super structure of Banwasi Sewa Ashram. It has 15-members. Its members are eminent social workers, experts, local elders, youth and a weaver and a spinner. It meets at least twice a year.
Governing Body is responsible for:
- The policy decisions regarding, programme planning in the context of the vision of the institute
- The protection of the institute's interest, properties and reputation
- The raising and managing of funds for old, ongoing and new activities
- Furthering the cause
- The assessment of the work accomplished
Secretary of the organisation selected unanimously is a board member as well as a responsible functionary and holds the responsibility of managing activities, fund raising, utilisation of funds, etc., and calling Governing Body meetings and ensuring implementation of its decisions.
The organisation's departments are: Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Education and Training, Health and Medical Care, Environmental Health, Khadi and Village industries, Women's Development, Gramnirman (village development) and People's Gramswarajya.
Departmental heads are responsible for:
- Managing routine established work
- Monitoring development project activity in the field and at centre
- Assessment of achievements related problem and needs
- Cooperation with other colleagues and village development staff
- Together caring for Ashram's vision and mission as a whole
Village Development Centre (Gram Nirman Kendra) Representatives
Village Development Centre is responsible for:
- Management of the centre and its activities
- Building awareness in the community
- Promotion of Gramswarajya activity
- Contact with the community and extending help and guidance when required
- Understanding problems and representing them at Ashram, panchayat and block level
- Implementation of project activity by involving people
General Manager is a senior worker of the Ashram. He coordinates and monitors activities with the help of related departments, other colleagues and field staff. More specifically, he is responsible for
- General management, coordination of activities in the campus, accounts, office and building maintenance, etc.
- Holding meetings of heads of departments and accounts, office and stores personnel once in 2-3 months
- Supervision and maintenance of infrastructure facilities
People's Organisations for
- Management of village level social activities
- Village level activity planning, implementation and evaluation and sharing responsibility in implementation of Ashram sponsored programmes